[squid-users] squid security check

From: J. Webster <webster_jack_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 20:40:06 +0000

I have had squid proxy auth setup for a while using NCSA.

I assume this send passwords in clear text over the internet.

Is there a way to secure this or would that require an SSL connection?

The password are all non dictionary words for our users so I assume the connections should be fine.

Secondly, is there a way to prevent proxy chaining in squid? Is there any security risk with proxy chaining from client users?
Got a cool Hotmail story? Tell us now
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/