Re: [squid-users] How squid search cached object in disk?

From: Manjusha Maddala <mmaddala25_at_nextag.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 10:08:30 -0800

Squid stores two pieces of information on the disk for each URL:
1. the response body is cached in a file on the disk, and
2. an "Internal Marker Object" that is used to locate the appropriate
cached page for a URL based on the "Vary" headers is stored in a
separate file

The 40GB space that you allocate for the cache_dir is used to store the
two files above for each URL that hits Squid.

Hope that helps!