Re: [squid-users] Squid proxy is very slow for web browsing in "near default" config

From: Dave T <dave_at_davestechshop.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 14:36:02 -0500

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> Dave T wrote:
> NP: you probably want icp_access to be limited to local LAN same as
> http_access is above.
> Amos
> --

Thanks for the detailed feedback. I'm not sure how I should apply your
suggestions because my Squid proxy server is not on my LAN. It is
hosted at Linode.com. I will be accessing it from an Android phone. I
do not know what IP address the phone may have and I suspect it will
be a NAT-style address (not a publicly addressable IP).

Shall I follow the rest of your instructions, just leaving out the
part about LAN addresses, or does this create larger issues?