[squid-users] Squid vs WCCPv2 - Need help involving interpretation in Wireshark

From: Yanis Sauvé <yanis.sauve_at_csjonquiere.qc.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:36:25 -0500

Hello everyone,

PIX 525, os 7.2(4), WCCPv2.
CentOS 5.4 (2.6.18-164.6.1.el5.centos.plus).

Configuration on PIX side seems to be valid, since I see a lot of traffic coming from the PIX on the cache-server in Wireshark when the redirection command is applied to the ingress interface.

I was wondering what it should look like in Wireshark?

I do see my GRE tunnel interface but I see no traffic coming through it, it all comes over the eth0 (actually bond0) interface.  Is this normal?

If I do requests directly to squid, everything works OK, just not when the PIX takes care of redirection.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yanis Sauvé
Technicien informatique