[squid-users] Limit bandwidth per user (IP) in reverse proxy setup?

From: EvertM <evert_at_meulie.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 04:35:09 -0800 (PST)

Hi all!

I have Squid deployed in a multiple site, reverse proxy setup. Since my
bandwidth is not unlimited I would like to enforce restrictions on the
users.
(I used to do this in Apache, but now that Squid is in front of it, those
don't work too well anymore...)

How can I specify that, for example, there is a 500MB of traffic/month/IP
address limit?
(I don't want to limit the speed of their connections, just the total amount
of traffic per IP...)

Any ideas?

Greetings,
   Evert