[squid-users] CEF+WCC+Router utilization

From: Raphael Maseko <ralph_at_zamnet.zm>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 15:15:55 +0200

Hi,

I have been running WCCP on a 3660 Cisco Router to redirect http traffic to
my cache servers and it has been working fine. I have noticed that with an
increase in traffic, my CPU utilization on the router seems to be going
through the roof! (close to 100%) for most parts of the day.

After troubleshooting, I realised that the high utilization is because of
the "no ip cef" command I have to issue on the router to disable Cisco's
Express forwarding for wccp to work.

Is there any way I can get the 'best of both worlds' here? - i.e keep wccp
running while keeping the router CPU sane?

Thanks in advance

Ralph