[squid-users] compile squid3 with alternate malloc.

From: Mario Garcia Ortiz <mariog_at_absi.be>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:23:31 +0100

hello
i want to use an alternate malloc library on solaris 10 as my current
setup has heavy memory leaks and the process becomes extremely huge.

from the configure option dlmalloc has dissapeared. i would like to
use libmtmalloc. but i don't know which configure or CFLAGS use to
force the squid to load this malloc instead of the default libc malloc
wich obviously cannot handle or work well on solaris OS.

I have tried to use LD_PRELOAD before launching squid but this doesn't
seem to have any effect.

there's no much information as how to compile the gnu malloc which
seems to be quite old.. changing the malloc is one of the last steps i
can do to avoid the process become so big and then crash.

I am eagerly looking forward your help

thank you in advance.

MG