Re: [squid-users] Requests Per Second

From: George Herbert <george.herbert_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 15:26:34 -0800

Several hundred requests per second, measured by a telco provider
squid gateway system in production usage.

I have measured 400+ in the lab for 2.7 and 600+ in the lab for
3.0STABLE3 and beyond (but latest is best); I haven't benchmarked 3.1.
 I have seen sustained stable performance of prod servers which was
50% or more of that in daily peaks (hours long at those levels) with
good results.

Results are approximately the same with small clusters (2-5 servers
per cache group), scaling linearly.

Systems:
Modern dual CPU quad core 2.5-3.0 GHz Intel or AMD CPUs and 4+ GB RAM,
with 2 HD for AUFS cache, 1 HD for logs, 1 HD for OS.

-george william herbert
george.herbert_at_gmail.com