Re: [squid-users] Performance tips for accelerator setup

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:51:22 +0100

On 16.01.10 14:35, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Also, you may want to use CARP from the parents to siblings. That will
> restrict the objects each sibling is caching to the URLs CARP assigns
> it. Less duplicated objects leading to a longer caching time window and
> more hits overall.

Is this usable between peers manually configured or does it require support
from network layer? I've always thought it requires intercepting and
encapsulating HTTP connections by intermediate routers...

> If you are using ICP between the siblings, try HTCP for better peer HITS.

last time I asked about HTCP, I got answer that there's no benefit from it
yet. When did this change?

I don't have lysdexia. The Dog wouldn't allow that.