Re: [squid-users] running out of filedescriptors

From: Drunkard <gongfan193_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:40:42 +0800

在 2010-01-26二的 10:30 -0900,Chris Robertson写道:
> Landy Landy wrote:
> >

> >> Won't do no good. Landy's Squid compile time option is
> >> 16384 max. So
> >> either she stumbled over a bug or the Squid is under a
> >> higher load with
> >> lots of connections.
> >> Landy, are you graphing Squids connections and traffic?
> >> Does Squid use
> >> up the file descriptors slowly over a longer period, days I
> >> mean, or was
> >> this a short burst of high traffic?
> >>

> > Well, I don´t know what´s going on. I recently installed videocache and noticed a lot of traffic in the loopback interface lately maybe is because is downloading videos. I dont know maybe is affecting it. Any ideas?
> >

> As recommended, try running "ulimit -n 16384" before starting Squid (or
> adding that command to your Squid init script) and re-check your
> cache.log. If you still see the line "With 1024 file descriptors
> available", then you will have to run that ulimit command before
> compiling Squid as well as before starting it.
In my experience, there maybe 3 places must be change:
        THE SHELL enviroment variable, in where starts squid daemon;
        The max fds of squid specified in compile time;
        Some squid shipped with Linux distributions has fd configuration in
squid.conf;

So, you maybe just need to add "ulimit -HSn 65536" to head(Just before
really startup squid daemon) of squid control script, such
as /etc/init.d/squid.