[squid-users] kerberos authentication and ldap

From: Joseph L. Casale <jcasale_at_activenetwerx.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 23:48:15 +0000

We are getting some Win7 machines so I am migrating our ntlm setup
to Kerberos. Looking at Markus Moeller's kerb guide, I see that it
doesn't state how to control access after successful auth. Looking
online, http://klaubert.wordpress.com/2008/01/09/squid-kerberos-authentication-and-ldap-authorization-in-active-directory/
suggests an ldap companion method but this involves a patch.

Is that patch still needed, or does there exist a stock approach
to facilitate this, as our access is done by group ad membership?

Thanks,
jlc