[squid-users] Absolute url links bypass Squid

From: fulan Peng <fulanpeng_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 08:42:21 +0800

Hi, Squid-users!

I want to make a reverse proxy for a very bad web site. In this web
site, all contents have absolute url address.
I can only get its home page. When I click on any page on the home
page, it will bypass Squid and show the backend web site to the
browser.

Say, the web site is http://www.example.com. It has
http://www.example.com in front of all of its pages. Like,
http://www.example.com/page1.html, http://www.example.com/page2.html.
If I am the web site administrator, I would delete all
http://www.example.com and let it be /page1.html, /page2.html.
This will fix the problem, right? Unfornately, I am not.

How to fix this problem for Squid?

I failed to try with Apache mod_proxy and mod_proxy_html. And no luck
with Squid+Squirm.

Thanks a lot!

Fulan Peng