Re: [squid-users] Client browser perpetually 'Loading'

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 01:50:20 +1300

Dave Coventry wrote:
> On 4 February 2010 14:10, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
>> Not really. I only know how to diagnose from the bx which is having the
>> issue. Which means the ISP proxy in your case.
>
> OK, I suppose I'll have to do some research.
>
>> As far as the end points go you may have to dig really deep, like tcpdump
>> deep, to see exactly whats going where and what is coming back. From the
>> client end initially.
>
>> Contacting the ISP admin and enlisting their help might be of some
>> advantage.
>
> These guys are currently suffering a lot of complaints about poor
> service levels and lack of support, so I'm not sure that they will be
> that helpful. http://mybroadband.co.za/news/Broadband/11359.html

With the right approach anything is possible ... "free expert
consultant" maybe. :)

I can't believe that "staying on the phone for 5-10 minutes each time,
all to no avail,". :) hah!. It takes half as long for the VoIP service
between here and my ISPs India helpdesk to settle down so we can hear
the on-hold music for the next half hour. :)

Ah well. I'm surprised it's only the odd hanging connection your clients
are experiencing by those reports.

>>> I wouldn't mind marching around to the ISP offices and throwing a
>>> tantrum, but I'd prefer to be reasonably sure of my facts before I did
>>> so.
>> It's just an idea I have, so yelling may be counter productive. But being in
>> the middle they would certainly have the best position to look into the problem.
>
> Well, I wouldn't really do any yelling, which is probably not the way
> to get cooperation in the first place.
>
> ~ Dave Coventry

Amos

--