Re: [squid-users] Client browser perpetually 'Loading'

From: Dave Coventry <dgcoventry_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 14:35:54 +0200

On 4 February 2010 14:10, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> Not really. I only know how to diagnose from the bx which is having the
> issue. Which means the ISP proxy in your case.

OK, I suppose I'll have to do some research.

> As far as the end points go you may have to dig really deep, like tcpdump
> deep, to see exactly whats going where and what is coming back. From the
> client end initially.

> Contacting the ISP admin and enlisting their help might be of some
> advantage.

These guys are currently suffering a lot of complaints about poor
service levels and lack of support, so I'm not sure that they will be
that helpful. http://mybroadband.co.za/news/Broadband/11359.html

>> I wouldn't mind marching around to the ISP offices and throwing a
>> tantrum, but I'd prefer to be reasonably sure of my facts before I did
>> so.
>
> It's just an idea I have, so yelling may be counter productive. But being in
> the middle they would certainly have the best position to look into the problem.

Well, I wouldn't really do any yelling, which is probably not the way
to get cooperation in the first place.

~ Dave Coventry