Re: [squid-users] Client browser perpetually 'Loading'

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 01:10:58 +1300

Dave Coventry wrote:
> Hi Amos,
>
> I appreciate you looking into this; thanks very much.
>
> Trying to refresh the cache by using Ctrl+Reload or Shift+Ctrl+Reload
> or Ctrl+F5 in Windows do not work.
>
> On 4 February 2010 00:47, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
>> It's one pile of horse amongst several. Any of which might be real hay.
>>
>> I'm more inclined to think some intermediary is having persistent TCP
>> connection problems. Caching the content will at worst result in old dead
>> content being served back to the clients. But still served back.
>> Restarting the server indicates some active connection is hung.
>
> Could you suggest a way to diagnose persistent TCP connection problems
> or suggest a forum where I might be able to table the question?

Not really. I only know how to diagnose from the bx which is having the
issue. Which means the ISP proxy in your case.

As far as the end points go you may have to dig really deep, like
tcpdump deep, to see exactly whats going where and what is coming back.
 From the client end initially.

Contacting the ISP admin and enlisting their help might be of some
advantage.

> I wouldn't mind marching around to the ISP offices and throwing a
> tantrum, but I'd prefer to be reasonably sure of my facts before I did
> so.

It's just an idea I have, so yelling may be counter productive. But
being in the middle they would certainly have the best position to look
into the problem.

Amos

--
Please be using