[squid-users] Reverse proxy scenario

From: Sébastien WENSKE <sebastien_at_wenske.fr>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 23:30:19 +0100

Hi list,

I have set up a reverse proxy on a 100MB/s server to preserve my home
bandwidth (upload ~128KB/s). It works very fine, objects are stored in the
cache and served to the clients. However, I had last week a “rush” on my
blog, about 1500 visitor in two days that had result to overload my
connection with a huge amount of 304 queries.

My question is: Is it possible to tell Squid to not check the parent (my
local web server) if an object has been modified for a while? by directory
or mime type?

Cheers,

Sébastien WENSKE.