[squid-users] squid 3.1 and error_directory

From: Eugene M. Zheganin <eugene_at_zhegan.in>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 12:38:12 +0500

Hi.

Recently I decided to look on 3.1 branch on my test proxy. Everything
seems to work fine, but I'm stuck with the problem with the error messages.
Whatever I do with the error_directory/error_default_language settings
(leaving 'em commented out, or setting 'em to something) in my browser I
see corrupted symbols. These are neither latin, nor cyrillic. They do
look like it is UTF-8 treated like Cp1251, for example. Changing
encoding of the page in browser doesn't help.
And the charset in <meta/> tag of such page is always "us-ascii" (why ?).

How can I make pages be displayed at least in english ? I thought that
this can be achieved by setting error_default_language to en, but I was
wrong again.

I thought I am familiar with squid error directory and creating my own
templates for 2.x/3.0 branches, but definitely I'm not with the 3.1

Thanks.