[squid-users] Tiered Squid proxy issue (Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e57'

From: Ryan McCain <Ryan.McCain_at_LA.GOV>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:22:42 -0600

This is a strange one. We have a 2 tiered Squid environment here. We have Squid at the POP region level each of those 5 POPs go to 2 top level Squid servers which go to the internet.

We are using Squid 2.5 on SLES for compatibility reasons with a redirector we use at the POP level , Websense. Websebse doesn't support 2.7 or 3.x.

Anyways, if you go to http://www.garymallon.com --> COURSES --> DISCUSSION BOARD then login with:
User: student
Pw: ssw

I get the following error:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e57'

The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data.

/mrengmal/gm/forum/inc_func_common.asp, line 585

---
When I turn off Websense at the POP level, I get the same error so Websense isn't the issue.  I have worked with Websene technical support to confirm this.  If I go directly through one of our 2 top level Squid servers I am able to access the forums fine.  If I try it from home, I am able to access the forums fine.
It appears to be an issue with our tiered setup.  Any ideas?