Re: [squid-users] Tiered Squid proxy issue (Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e57'

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:36:39 +0100

tor 2010-02-11 klockan 11:22 -0600 skrev Ryan McCain:

> We are using Squid 2.5 on SLES for compatibility reasons with a redirector we use at the POP level , Websense. Websebse doesn't support 2.7 or 3.x.

Any external helpers (url rewriters, auth etc) which works with 2.5 also
works in later releases.

> Anyways, if you go to http://www.garymallon.com --> COURSES --> DISCUSSION BOARD then login with:
> User: student
> Pw: ssw
>
> I get the following error:
>
> Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e57'
>
> The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data.
>
> /mrengmal/gm/forum/inc_func_common.asp, line 585

This is difficult to answer without knowing the web server application.

Have you tried talking to the maintainers of that forum?

A guess is that they are storing the X-Forwarded-For header in their
database for tracking purposes and have assigned to small field with for
storing that..