Re: [squid-users] How can I cache most content

From: Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz <luis.daniel.lucio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 15:04:30 -0600

Le Dimanche 14 Février 2010 13:59:17, Landy Landy a écrit :
> > If you are desperate for bandwidth I suggest to block
> > ads (e.g. a.rad.msn.com) and 'user behaviour analysis'
> > (e.g. scorecardresearch.com).
> >
> > Furthermore, you may consider blocking mp3 files.
> > Depending on what type of users you have, this can save
> > a lot of bandwidth.
>
> Blocking is not an option. I have a small WISP and blocking stuff won't
> work for us though I'm blocking p2p by default to everyone except for
> those who call me and ask if it can be enabled for magicjack and other
> services.
Oh, you have the classic problem of "The Tragedy of the Commons" of Garrett
Hardin. Your user see internet as a common good so you can not use content
blocking but rather you need high caching tecniques.

I'm doing that as my master tesis subject, maximizing network value. I hope
you may read spanish. The fact is that you must try caching all you can with
the hardware you have, contactme offline if you are interested in this.

regards,

LD