[squid-users] Problem with getting through squid in vmware

From: Michael Neumeier <dennismail_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 14:33:41 +0100

Hello list,

I am facing a simple "get through" squid. First of all, I want to explain my setup:

I have a Windows 7 host machine with the IP 10.255.0.0/24. On this Windows machine, I have VMWare 6 installed. In this VMWare, I am running Debian 5.0.2 32bit with squid 3.0.Stable-3+lenny2. The IP of this VM is 192.168.157.155

Now, I want a Firefox running on the host connect through the squid running in the VM to the internet. Therefor, I added the following acl / rules:

acl test1 src 10.255.0.0/24
http_access allow test1

And in the Firefox I configured for all Proxy-Settings the IP 192.168.157.155 with port 3128. But Firefox tells me that the proxy server denied the access. I tried to ping the VM fom the Windows 7 host - and that works perfectly. So as next step, I just thought that I made general errors in squid config, and therefor I used the following lines in squid.conf:

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
http_access allow all

Even after a restart, the access doesn´t work. Can anyone help me here please? (And yes, I am new to squid...)

Regards,
Dennis