Re: [squid-users] Absolute url links bypass Squid

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 01:15:46 +0100

sön 2010-01-31 klockan 08:42 +0800 skrev fulan Peng:
> Hi, Squid-users!
>
> I want to make a reverse proxy for a very bad web site. In this web
> site, all contents have absolute url address.

And you can't make that URL resolve to the reverse proxy?

i.e. http://www.example.com/ being registered as the address of the
reverse proxy, which talks to the backend on another address, with the
web server still happily thinkin it is www.example.com (which it still
is, just not in DNS).

In fact this is my recommended setup for reverse proxies, and how Squid
by default forwards requests in reasonably modern Squid versions (2.6 or
later), keeping the requested URI intact the whole way in the same
manner the web server expects.