Re: [squid-users] peer selection with weight=N

From: H <hm_at_hm.net.br>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 11:40:11 -0200

>> well, it was a try since weight does not weight ... btw, the above problem
>> (not weighting) applies to icp as well
>>

> Well, Henrik omitted this...
>
> When enabled, ICMP RTT measurement is used and weight=N is combined with
> the RTT to bend the "closest" peer selection method and
> weighted-round-robin method, based on an RTT-biased weighting.
>
> But that all depends on netdb and ICMP being enabled to work reliably to
> measure RTT.

hum, ever when I hear combined I get scared ... A with B or B with A and how
much of each ... :)

ICMP enable you mean squid's icmp right? it is not since I use no-query I
count on tcp response time, the connection between the parents is local, clean
and fast, Gigabit with jumboframes (mtu 9000) and no collisions or drops, so
ICP or any other would give me only some overhead and slower response tie

>> # use 'allow-miss' to disable Squid's use of only-if-cached when forwarding
>> requests to siblings.
>>
>> eventually needs better explanation/clarification
>
> Such as the current one?
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/cache_peer/

says exactly the same as in squid.conf.default about allow-miss, and for me
"disable only-if-cached" is "allow miss" and should not return
ERR_ACCESS_DENIED right?

>> and the returned erro needs revision because it comes up ERR_ACCESS_DENIED
>> and
>> should be better ERR_ONLY_IF_CACHED_MISS
>
> In which log? caller proxy or called peer?

log? don't know, But in the browser window of the client ... the html error
ERR_ACCESS_DENIED from the error pages is what shows up

(17)8111.3300