Re: [squid-users] peer selection with weight=N

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 21:39:42 +0100

lör 2010-02-20 klockan 11:40 -0200 skrev H:

> hum, ever when I hear combined I get scared ... A with B or B with A and how
> much of each ... :)

ICMP is best left disabled imho.. except for a few very specific cases.

> ICMP enable you mean squid's icmp right?

Yes.

> it is not since I use no-query I
> count on tcp response time, the connection between the parents is local, clean
> and fast, Gigabit with jumboframes (mtu 9000) and no collisions or drops, so
> ICP or any other would give me only some overhead and slower response tie

Indeed.

> says exactly the same as in squid.conf.default about allow-miss, and for me
> "disable only-if-cached" is "allow miss" and should not return
> ERR_ACCESS_DENIED right?

Is the proxy allowed to use it's sibling? The sibling need to allow
access to the proxy in http_access.

> log? don't know, But in the browser window of the client ... the html error
> ERR_ACCESS_DENIED from the error pages is what shows up

And what does access.log say in the proxy the client contacted?

And if that says the request was forwarded to another proxy, what did
access.log say there?