Re: [squid-users] Squid ldap group authentication with Zimbra LDAP

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 21:29:55 +1300

Kevin Kimani wrote:
> Hi all,
> Am having a problem trying to authenticate a group that i have set up
> in my zimbra mail server. the users are stored in an ldap database
> thus thought that authentication would just be the same as other ldap
> databases. am able to authenticate users in singular but want to barr
> some users in a particular group. the command i have is letting
> everyone access the internet. "external_acl_type InetGroup %LOGIN
> /usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_group -v 3 -b dc=xxxxxx,dc=co,dc=ke -f
> "(&(uid=%g)(objectClass=*))" -h xx.xx.xx.xx"
> would anyne have an idea how to go about it? am in terrible need for it to work.
> Regards

external_acl_type merely runs a lookup helper, you have additional "acl"
lines specifying how its used and various http_access lines as well
specifying how the acl lines affect peoples HTTP requests.
  We need to know all those other lines to tell what/why you have this
problem.

Amos

--
Please be using