Re: [squid-users] Squid ldap group authentication with Zimbra LDAP

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 22:38:07 +1300

Kevin Kimani wrote:
> Find below the configurations placed in my config file
>
> auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -v 3 -b
> dc=openworld,dc=co,dc=ke -f "(&(uid=%s)(objectClass=zimbraAccount))"
> -h 192.168.111.130
> auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web server
> auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hour
>
> external_acl_type InetGroup ttl=300 %LOGIN
> /usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_group -v 3 -b dc=openworld,dc=co,dc=ke -B
> "uid=zimbra,cn=admins,cn=zimbra" -w ldapadmin -f
> "(&(uid=%u)(objectClass=zimbraAccount))" -h 192.168.111.130
>
> acl ldapauth proxy_auth REQUIRED
> acl InetAccess external InetGroup Admins
>
> http_access allow InetAccess
> http_access allow my_network
>
> For authentication of a single user it works since it asks for
> authentication but group authentication it aint.

There is nothing in that http_access list to prevent access. Everyone
who is ether an "Admin" group or "my_network" has full access.

You need either:
  1) if you want a whole group bocked: an additional "acl InetDenied
external InetGroup ..." for the group(s).

or
2) if you want individuals blocked: an "acl InetDenied proxy_user ..."
listing the usernames.

... along with "http_access deny IdentDenied" to prevent the selected
users having web access. Probably right after the admin permit line.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.16