[squid-users] Conditional proxy

From: Noceg <jclark_at_tigilinea.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:16:06 -0800 (PST)

First, I am very new to proxy servers and Squid. My company has just been
acquired and we are connected through a hardware VPN to their offices. We
are able to get to all of their webpages that are held locally to them. We
have an issue connecting to an off site web page that requires all requests
to come from our parent companies IP address.

We can access the site by adding the parent companies proxy settings into
IE, but we would like to avoid that because we don't want all Internet
traffic to go over the VPN. I have squid up and running on a single NIC
server, but what I want it to do is set it up with conditional proxy
settings so that when my users make requests, the Squid server will send
traffic through our Internet connection unless they need access to this
secured website, those requests will be sent over the VPN and through the
parent companies Inernet connection.

we are using FoxyProxy on Firefox to accomplish this, but we will be rolling
access to this site to all users and was hoping that Squid would work for
us.

Please let me know if this is possible and if you can direct me how to do
it.

Thanks in advance.