Re: [squid-users] Benchmark performance of Squid Version 2.7 Stable 4

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 09:39:22 +0100

2010/2/24 squid squid <squidusr_at_hotmail.com>:

> Hi,

Hi yourself :)

> Currently I am running Squid Version 2.7 Stable 4 on 2 different Linux ES3 box. The specification of the boxes are 2 x Intel Xeon 2.6GHHz CPU and 2.5GB RAM as well as 2 x Xeon 3.6GHz with 2GB RAM.
>
> Basically there is no caching configured on the squid apps and it is being used like a middle man between client and web/apps servers which has both http and https transaction.
>
> Kindly advise the following:
>
> 1.  What is the maximum number of requests that each box can serve or is there any documentation or calculation that can derived the figures???

Please see http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/Benchmarks , or
browse through the squid-users mailing list
In general, your setup should be able to sustain several hundred
requests per second.

> 2.  What is the maximum number of clients that each box can support???

Virtually unlimited, given the limitation above. It really depends on
what those clients are doing.

Yes. Please see http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/CacheManager

--
    /kinkie