Re: [squid-users] Squid HD Limitation

From: George Herbert <george.herbert_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:45:41 -0800

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 4:22 PM, Mr. Issa(*) <xnixguy_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear mates Well the real Problem is that when we have 100GB of cache
> on the squid BOX, we notice that every 1 Hour exactly the connectivity
> on the WAN interface of squid drops for 10 seconds.. then it comes
> back again... (MRTG graph is attached). We have the squid BOX in
> Transparent mode
>

> So what could be the problem?

Probably not related to disk or RAM - I have run numerous production
systems with 2x 300 GB disks dedicated to AUFS cache storage directory
use, and 16 GB of RAM, and not seen any such intermittent behavior.

I've run bigger systems in test, but it wasn't economical to deploy
them as opposed to clusters of smaller ones. The bigger ones ran
fine, as far as I could tell.

Do you have any OS or support system crontabs? Are you rotating
logfiles on hourly intervals?

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert_at_gmail.com