Re: [squid-users] Squid utility command to force a cache load from a local hard drive?

From: John Doe <jdmls_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 02:23:23 -0800 (PST)

 From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 17:56:41 -0800, "C.W. Holeman II" wrote:
> > Is there a Squid utility command to force a cache load from a local hard
> > drive?
> No such tool is needed.
> The cache is just a directory structure of filesystem files. As long as
> you are not fiddling with the actual content or layout you can move the
> whole structure between Squid boxes just fine.

I think the harddisk would contain html files and such, and not squid cache files... right?
Maybe *temporarely*:
- setting www.example.com in /etc/hosts...
- setting up an apache/lighttpd pointing to the USB disk
- running a recursive wget --delete-after
- removing apache/lighttpd
- removing www.example.com from /etc/hosts
would this work...?

JD