[squid-users] Squid not returning gzip files

From: Elli Albek <elli_at_sustainlane.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 21:15:16 -0800

Hi,
I have squid in front of tomcat servers as reverse proxy. The origin
servers return some files gzipped. I can confirm this by going to them
directly with header
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate

Origin server returns:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Cache-Control: max-age=1801
Accept-Ranges: bytes
ETag: W/"18267-1250213328000"
Last-Modified: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 01:28:48 GMT