Re: [squid-users] Questions about portal sites such as yahoo cache with squid

From: dave jones <s.dave.jones_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 18:41:11 +0800

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 6:20 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> dave jones wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anyone using squid to cache yahoo portal site successfully?
>> If so, would you tell me how to do? Thanks.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Dave.
>
> Yahoo! use Squid as part of their deployment.
>  I imagine they already have the correct HTTP protocol details to make the
> content cacheable or have good reasons for leaving it as non-cacheable.
>
> If you want to investigate this yourself use www.redbot.org (Yahoo!
> sponsored) to see how cacheable the portal URLs are.

Ah, the result is:

    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 10:39:12 GMT
    P3P: policyref="http://info.yahoo.com/w3c/p3p.xml", CP="CAO DSP COR CUR ADM
        DEV TAI PSA PSD IVAi IVDi CONi TELo OTPi OUR DELi SAMi OTRi UNRi
        PUBi IND PHY ONL UNI PUR FIN COM NAV INT DEM CNT STA POL HEA PRE
        LOC GOV"
    Cache-Control: private
    Connection: close
    Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Seems like the content cannot be cachable?

> Amos
> --
> Please be using
>  Current Stable Squid 2.7.STABLE8 or 3.0.STABLE25
>  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.18

Regards,
Dave.