[squid-users] Warning your cache is running out of file descriptors

From: Gmail <adbasque_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 19:06:39 -0000

Hello All,

This is the first time I am using this mailing ;list, and I do apologise if
I sent a copy of this email to another address by mistake

I am desperately seeking some help, I have googled in a hope to find an
answer, but all I could find was about the previous versions, which don't
apply to the version I am using and to my OS:

I am running Squid3.0 Stable
OS Ubuntu Hardy

I am currently getting this warning:

Warning your cache is running out of file descriptor, but I couldn't find
where to increase the size from 1024 to any number.

On the previous versions and other OS systems, it's apparently located here
/etc/default/squid but on my system it doesn't exist.

Can anyone please point me to where I can change that?

I have checked Ubuntu forums, I have checked several other forums, but the
only links I seem to get on google are related to the previous versions of
squid or other operating systems.

Can you help please, since I started using Squid I had problem after
problem, lot of other applications are not working, I still can't access my
backend HTTP servers, but that's another problem for another day.

Any help would be very much appreciated
Thank you all