Re: [squid-users] Squid Accelerator mode: HTTP/1.0 and 'defaultsite' header

From: Riccardo Castellani <ric.castellani_at_alice.it>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:08:50 +0100

> Most clients these days will do so regardless of their version.
> defaultsite is completely optional, in your case if you omit it broken
> clients will get the squid "invalid request" error page instead of tomcat
> front page

If I insert 'defaultsite', I think so for HTTP/1.0 clients :

host header (http://pages.example.com) is present in the request, but I
think the http packet contains "GET command" with the complete URL (e.g.
http://pages.example.com/mkLista.do?code=A) so they will be able to ask
correct url.
Why do you say "... instead of tomcat front page" ?
"Tomcat front" page appears only you request http://pages.example.com.