Re: [squid-users] Squid Accelerator mode: HTTP/1.0 and 'defaultsite' header

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 19:15:04 +1300

Riccardo Castellani wrote:
>> Most clients these days will do so regardless of their version.
>> defaultsite is completely optional, in your case if you omit it broken
>> clients will get the squid "invalid request" error page instead of
>> tomcat front page
>
> If I insert 'defaultsite', I think so for HTTP/1.0 clients :
>
> host header (http://pages.example.com) is present in the request, but I
> think the http packet contains "GET command" with the complete URL (e.g.
> http://pages.example.com/mkLista.do?code=A) so they will be able to ask
> correct url.
> Why do you say "... instead of tomcat front page" ?
> "Tomcat front" page appears only you request http://pages.example.com.

HTTP standards require clients to send the Host: header.
If they do not, squid looks for a configured defaultsite= and uses that
instead, if neither is present the client gets an error page.

When the defaultsite is set and squid will use it and pass the broken
request on to tomcat. Resulting in the tomcat response for whatever URL
was requested.

Amos

--
Please be using