[squid-users] media center and squid -- tellin squid to pass 'direct' to allow http1.1?

From: Linda Walsh <squid-user_at_tlinx.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:17:14 -0700

Has anyone gotten Windows media center to work through squid?

I just tried it and whenever it got to 'content', I saw lots of
"bad-gateway" mssages right after the HTTP/1.0 returned by squid. Just
before that, I saw a bumch of SSDP requests looking for HTTP/1.1 -- but
only thing it got back was an HTTP/1.0.

The remote server kept sending back "bad gateway" -- after about 30
attempts, the client gave up and returned "Video not available at this
time."...

So What I'm wondering is if it is possible to have squid not cache
attempts

From there, I eventually (on the player) got "Video is not available at
this time".

So I was wondering if it was possible to setup some sort of ACL type list
to tell squid to pass through 1.1 requiring requests so they wouldn't fail
-- wouldn't be cached, but better not cached than complete failure.

Is this possible or has anyone done this?

Thanks in advance!..

Linda