Re: [squid-users] Yet another IMAP support request

From: Jakob Curdes <jc_at_info-systems.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 14:27:40 +0100

> Other way around I would have thought. The client usually makes
> connection to server.
>
> One of the reasons CONNECT is so dangerous is that the receiving
> server does not need to know HTTP to communicate once the client has
> setup the tunnel.
Oh, right, I did not read the OP's message correctly. What I was trying
to tell is that if he somehow can manage it to encapsulate his IMAP
requests in HTTP, he may get them through squid, but this does not
really help as he is probably unable to decode this on the server side,
unless he sets up a special "http tunnel end". Probably possible but
then I would rather go for an IMAP proxy - that would be a
straightforward solution that achieves what he actually wants tro do.

JC