[squid-users] Squid3 issues

From: <Adam_at_Gmail>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:38:59 -0000

Hi Amos,
Thanks for your comments, All I was doing is hit reply, this is the very
first time ever I used any mailing list
It doesn't matter anymore, I am sorry if I offended anyone, it was not my
intention, when I get an email I simply hit reply
I will try and solve my problems, and if I do get it to work I will
certainly post the solution for future users who might face the same problem

As for now, I just want to thank you all

I have previously installed an older version of Squid compiled it manually
it wasn't the one packaged with the OS (Ubuntu hardy)
after few days trying to get it to work, I mean as a reverse proxy, with no
luck, I removed it, tried the version 3.0 the one that was packaged with the
Os, I got as far as allowing clients on my network to have access to the
internet and most of other applications on windows XP couldn't connect.

anyway this time around I have downloaded it again configured it compiled it
and installed it, it's not starting but this is a minor problem, it's a
permission issue rather than anything else.

I just want to say, thank you all, If I do get it to work I will post the
solution as promised if not that means I have moved on and no longer using
Squid3.

I will break it down for others to see and it will hopefully help others:

Here it is:

1) Machine A Proxy-Router
2) Machine DSN DHCP
3) Web-server One www.example.com
4) Web-server Two www.example.org
5) Web-server Three www.example.net
6) IRC-server / Digichat server
Plus 5 Windows clients

I wanted a proxy server in the for two good reasons, one is for
loadbalancing and second for an extra layer of security
Currently I have all of the three websites above running on a single machine
on a virtualhosts, but it's too much for one machine to handle all the
requests.

I always wanted to use a proxy server but I was putting it off.
a) I knew it was going to be a challenge
b) I was trying to get sometime off in order to do it properly
Basically all I wanted for now is to forward all requests to the relevant
backend servers, to which I knew it was going to be a challenge

Once again I am sorry if I offended anyone it wasn't my intention
I will manage to sort it out or simply move on and try something else
Thank you all
Best Regards
Adam