Re: [squid-users] R: [squid-users] R: [squid-users] Cancelled downloads

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 02:46:46 +1300

CASALI COMPUTERS - Michele Brodoloni wrote:
> In this case, are you aware of some third-party software/squid plugin which may could do the job?
> I'm still crawling the entire internet without luck... I've seen a redirector written in perl, but it seems to use other
> caching mechanism, so it renders useless my windows updates collection fetched until now... :)
>
> For who is interested:
> http://www.glob.com.au/windowsupdate_cache/
>

> Thanks

I'm not aware of any sorry. With Squid-3 this might work (warning theory
only at present):

   acl windowsUpdate dstdomain .windowsupdate.com ....
   request_header_access Accept-Ranges deny windowsUpdate

In theory at least, that strips away the ability of WU to get ranges of
data.

Caveats,
   Squid might end up sending the whole object back. Under
range_offset_limit it fetches that whole thing and sends just the
requested range back. I'm not sure how WU software deals with full-data

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.18