RE: [squid-users] Requests through proxy take 4x+ longer than direct to the internet

From: David Parks <davidparks21_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:40:52 -0600

Ah brilliant, thank you for passing this link along, it's very helpful!

Question then: Does the proxy server have a similar functionality as the
browser, that of limiting concurrent requests to a given domain (as
described in this article)?

What I want to know really is: Can I have my users bump up the number of
connections to the proxy server, or, by doing so, do I risk the proxy server
flooding a site and getting the proxies IP blocked?

What solutions have been employed in other scenarios, or are proxy servers
just inherently slower than direct connections due to this concurrent
connection issue?

Thanks,
David