Re: [squid-users] Squid3 issues

From: <Adam_at_Gmail>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 01:26:04 -0000

Well IRC can be accessed with IRC clients such as mIRC and so on
But they can also be accessed via the web with Java Applets using in fact a
web browser
That's why I am asking the question, if anyone has had this done.

As for Digichat, is a 100% Java written programme, and it also uses the Web
browser for clients to connect to it from outside with a Java Applet.
It uses http, what they were saying there was about the hosting server on
their servers
I have my own Digichat server, which is hosted in my house.
So if they can do it even with a proxy I am sure I can do it.

And If I get it to work then I will post how I did it in case someone else
is looking for a solution of the same nature or same service.

Because these services were running fine on port 80 with no problems, I mean
clients could easily access these servers from the HTTP port 80 and then
they are redirected to the server's ports:

IRC 6666-7000 and Digichat usually on 8396
So I will post back if I get it up and running
Regards
Adam