Re: [squid-users] Squid3 issues

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 14:38:47 +1300

Adam_at_Gmail wrote:
> Well IRC can be accessed with IRC clients such as mIRC and so on
> But they can also be accessed via the web with Java Applets using in
> fact a web browser
> That's why I am asking the question, if anyone has had this done.

Ah okay. I think you will find that those IRC Java applets use IRC
protocol natively in the background. Only using the browser for a GUI.
The ones I've seen were like that.

> As for Digichat, is a 100% Java written programme, and it also uses the
> Web browser for clients to connect to it from outside with a Java Applet.
> It uses http, what they were saying there was about the hosting server
> on their servers
> I have my own Digichat server, which is hosted in my house.
> So if they can do it even with a proxy I am sure I can do it.
>
> And If I get it to work then I will post how I did it in case someone
> else is looking for a solution of the same nature or same service.
>
> Because these services were running fine on port 80 with no problems, I
> mean clients could easily access these servers from the HTTP port 80 and
> then they are redirected to the server's ports:
>
> IRC 6666-7000 and Digichat usually on 8396
> So I will post back if I get it up and running
> Regards
> Adam

Oh. Okay. It sounds like they should keep working then even if Squid is
in front. The Digichat (port 80 of Digichat at least) may be just
another cache_peer entry for Squid.

Amos

--
Please be using