Re: [squid-users] Help with accelerated site

From: Ron Wheeler <rwheeler_at_artifact-software.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 19:48:27 -0400

What is squid proxying?
Usually the normal behaviour is exactly what you are getting since squid
normally proxies Apache on 80.
Browser ==> Squid on 80==>proxied to Apache on port 81.

If Squid is not proxying Apache, then it looks like you have Apache
running on 80.

If you are trying to redirect port 80 to another program that is not
Apache, then you need to get Apache off port 80.
You can not have 2 programs listening to port 80.

If Apache is running and owns port 80, Squid will not start.

If this is the case, You likely have errors in the logs to this effect.

Shut down Apache and and restart Squid.

Try to start Apache and now it should howl with anger (or log in anger)
at not getting port 80.

Ron