Re: [squid-users] Re: Squid Kerb Auth Issue

From: Nick Cairncross <Nick.Cairncross_at_condenast.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 15:25:39 +0000

Markus,

kinit ncairncross
export KRB5_KTNAME=FILE:/etc/squid/HTTP.keytab
net ads keytab CREATE
net ads keytab ADD HTTP
unset KRB5_KTNAME

The made sure the keytab is readable by the squid process owner e.g. chgrp squid /etc/squid/HTTP.keytab; chmod g+r /etc/squid/HTTP.keytab )

Is there another way to do this (or have I done it wrong)

Nick

On 24/03/2010 23:45, "Markus Moeller" <huaraz_at_moeller.plus.com> wrote:

> How did you create the keytab ?
>
> Markus
>
> "Nick Cairncross" <Nick.Cairncross_at_condenast.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm concerned by a problem with my HTTP.keytab 'expiring'. My test base have
> reported a problem to me that they are prompted repeatedly for an
> unsatisfiable username and password. When I checked cache.log I noticed that
> there was a KVNO mismatch being reported. I regenerated my keytab and all
> was well again. However, I was worried by this so I looked back over my
> emails and I noticed the same problem occurred 7 days ago (almost to the
> hour). Does anyone have a suggestion as to what might have caused
> this/things to check? There haven't been any AD changes.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Nick

** Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail **

The information contained in this e-mail is of a confidential nature and is intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution by you is prohibited and may be unlawful. Disclosure to any party other than the addressee, whether inadvertent or otherwise, is not intended to waive privilege or confidentiality. Internet communications are not secure and therefore Conde Nast does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author.

Company Registration details:
The Conde Nast Publications Ltd
Vogue House
Hanover Square