[squid-users] Negotiate/NTLM authentication caching

From: Khaled Blah <khaled.blah_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 15:14:31 +0100

Hi all,

I'm developing an authentication helper (Negotiate/NTLM) for squid and
I am trying to understand more how squid handles this process
internally. Most of all I'd like to know how and how long squid caches
authentication results. I have looked at the debug logs and they show
that squid seems to do "less caching" for Negotiate/NTLM than it does
for Basic/Digest authentication. I am wondering whether I can do
something about this so that a once verified user will only get his
credentials re-verified after a certain time and not all during. I am
grateful to any insight the list can give me. Thanks in advance!

Khaled