Re: [squid-users] Two Login Windows

From: Benedikt Brandt <forum_at_b1online.de>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 15:33:39 +0100

Thank you! It works! Thats great.

Interestingly neither authentication mechanism worked alone. I had to add

auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours

before the basic authentication mechanism worked. The ntlm
authentication isn`t working at all in my case. Therefore I think its a
bit strange that I was able to authenticate before, by cancelling the
first window and using the second window(the basic authentification). It
also occurred to me that I had to do a

/etc/init.d/squid restart

in order to apply my new configuration. A simple

squid -k reconfigure

wasn't enough. Luckily it works now! You were absolutly right about the
two authentication mechanisms. Thank you!