Re: [squid-users] Cache size is decreasing

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:31:47 +1300

Mr. Issa(*) wrote:
> Dear mates, I hope you enjoy your weekend... :)
>
> I did compile/install Squid2.7Stable9 and i noticed something
>
> /dev/sdc1 1.8T 355G 1.4T 21% /cache1
> /dev/sdd1 1.8T 352G 1.4T 21% /cache2
> the /cache1 & cache2 dirs where 370G each.. suddenly they are
> decreasing and the servers load is approximately high.... What could
> cause that?

Well, I guess the server load is caused by all the work needed to remove
the items from cache.

Items being removed from cache wholesale like this is usually caused by
one of the garbage collection limits being reached.
   cache_swap_high / cache_swap_low
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/cache_swap_high/

NP: the large cache disclaimer applies to anyone with around 10GB or
more of cached data.

Amos

--
Please be using