Re: [squid-users] Apt-get Issue through squid

From: Jakob Curdes <jc_at_info-systems.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 21:39:04 +0200

Adam_at_Gmail schrieb:
> Hi again,
> Sorry I forgot to mention I already have tried
>
> export http_proxy=http://ip_address:port
> but no luck so far
This has nothing to do with luck. It has to do with a problem solving
strategy. Try using wget after setting a http_proxy variable. If it
works, proceed to solving apt-get. If it does not work, look into the
squid log if you find a relevant entry. If there is no entry
corresponding to your target URL, wget did not use the proxy or was
blocked by a firewall. To rule this out, you can use tcpdump on one or
both machines to check the packet flow. etc etc. Only if you cannot find
a solution or explanation after following such a strategy you should
describe your problem to a relevant (probably not this one) mailing list.

Regards,
Jakob Curdes