Re: [squid-users] Apt-get Issue through squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 22:07:24 +0000

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 21:39:04 +0200, Jakob Curdes <jc_at_info-systems.de>
wrote:
> Adam_at_Gmail schrieb:
>> Hi again,
>> Sorry I forgot to mention I already have tried
>>
>> export http_proxy=http://ip_address:port
>> but no luck so far
> This has nothing to do with luck. It has to do with a problem solving
> strategy. Try using wget after setting a http_proxy variable. If it
> works, proceed to solving apt-get. If it does not work, look into the
> squid log if you find a relevant entry. If there is no entry
> corresponding to your target URL, wget did not use the proxy or was
> blocked by a firewall. To rule this out, you can use tcpdump on one or
> both machines to check the packet flow. etc etc. Only if you cannot find

> a solution or explanation after following such a strategy you should
> describe your problem to a relevant (probably not this one) mailing
list.

> Regards,
> Jakob Curdes

And don't forget to use the correct syntax. A lot of the snippets you have
posted as examples of what you have done contain typos. If you make that
kind of typo in the real test it WILL fail silently.

  export http_proxy="http://ip_address:port/"

In the file /etc/profile for system wide settings.

Amos