RE: [squid-users] WCCP and ICP

From: Michael Bowe <michael_at_bowe.id.au>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 09:05:01 +1100

Couple of things to be aware of :

In my understanding that Cisco WCCP hashes the destination IP to work out
which squid to send request to. Thus there should be no overlap of objects
between the two (or more) squids and no need to run ICP.

However if you are regularly adding/removing caches, or have changed the
hashing to be based on source IP, then you probably should run ICP on your
caches.

Cache1 would have something like this
cache_peer server2.domain.com sibling 3128 3130 proxy-only

Cache2 would have something like this
cache_peer server1.domain.com sibling 3128 3130 proxy-only

Michael.